Client Advisor (Mission Viejo)
Mission Viejo, CA
As a Client Advisor, you will be responsible for organic growth of commercial loan assets, deposit accounts and non-interest income through the development of new quality business and high net worth relationships and the retention and expansion of existing bank clients. It will be your responsibility for cross-selling, sourcing, securing, developing and retaining profitable business and high net worth relationships for the bank. In addition, you will be responsible for the processing of credit requests, credit extensions, and ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented. You will be expected to develop a meaningful pipeline of qualified prospective new bank clients on a continued basis. You may be assigned or develop your own portfolio that has to be maintained in adherence to the bank standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current clients for all their financial and banking needs.
- Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank’s products and services.
- Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understand current and prospective clients’ needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services.
- Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better access their current situation and future needs.
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities Bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase client reliance on Bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the Bank. This would include deposit products, Cash Management, Trade Services, loan products and private banking products and services.
- Obtains financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and maintains electronic credit files for all existing customers. Conducts analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks.
- Works closely with central underwriting teams for new credit requests and renewals ensuring that all relevant financial and non-financial information is available to the underwriter. Generally, underwrites new relationship credit requests for approval.
- Manages all communications with client related to credit and non-credit issues. Works with commercial documentation department and Credit Management team in the review and negotiation of loan documents. Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio growth, new business development and portfolio maintenance.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established Bank controls, risk, and audit protocols.
- Maintains ongoing contact with clients for purpose of monitoring credit quality, obtaining and reviewing tickler items, assessing the impact of significant changes with the client, and related activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Clearly conveys information and ideas and listens and responds appropriately to clients, external contacts and individuals throughout the Bank.
- Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with clients, external contacts and individuals throughout the Bank.
- Draws information and broad knowledge to make timely and logical decisions that provide practical solutions for clients and others.
- Responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity and other pressures.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, motivates self to get the job done, performs job duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas and feedback to improve effectiveness and holds self-accountable for following policies guidelines and procedures.
- Uncovers client needs, relates benefits to product/service features, handles objections and closes the sale. Also makes effective use of appropriate resources for delivering services which balance organizational objectives and customer needs, and identifies new opportunities that add value for customers and enhances the value of the relationship for the Bank.
Partners Bank of California Employment Benefits:
Partners Bank of California offers competitive compensation and incentive packages, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
If you have an interest in becoming a part of the Partners Bank of California team, please send us your resume and qualifications via email to: email@example.com.
All qualified applicants for employment at Partners Bank of California will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Partners Bank of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.