Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Responsible for the leadership and efficient operation of deposit operations, treasury management operations and two branch offices, including maintaining a high level of operational integrity, sound processes and procedures, policies, deposit and treasury products, client service standards, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives. Provides leadership and a superior level of customer relations and promotes the service culture through sharing a common vision, directing the work of others, coaching, guidance and motivating managers and staff within their area of responsibility. Responsible for staffing decisions and directing branch and support personnel performance with attainment of established Bank goals.
Collaborates with a variety of Executive and Sales development positions. Maintains an expertise in risk management as well as operational best practices. Responsible for overall results of the banking offices and back office operations for compliance with policies and procedures. Acts as a point of escalation for questions or problem resolution. Will also support branch and relationship managers in their building and maintaining of client relationships.
This position requires that the individual work independently with very little supervision. Position is located in Mission Viejo and some travel to branch offices is required on an as needed basis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of branch, deposit and treasury operations; including ensuringsatisfactory audit ratings; holding those accountable to managing critical operational metrics tominimize risks and losses; maintaining high standards for control/certifications, monetarytransactions, physical security, account opening activities.
- Ensuring the staff is provided training and follows policies and procedures; and operating within theBank’s guidelines.
- Responsible for hiring and all personnel action required in areas of responsibility includingevaluating staffing needs over time.
- Responsible for oversight of development and maintenance of related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for representing area of responsibility as liaison with other departments such as Compliance, Finance, Risk Management, Commercial Banking, Marketing etc. Act as a point of escalation, and provide an effective communication channel with other departments.
- Direct the efforts of individuals on the team to identify opportunities for process improvement in order to optimize branch operational performance. Direct efforts to review and analyze existing business specific work processes. Propose and prioritize changes and improvements. Serve as a “champion” for process changes and initiatives.
- Provide definition and input for new and existing products, assist in pricing products and competitive analysis.
- Maintain admin role for various deposit operations systems including core system parameters, reporting tool, Telle system, New Account platform, Fedline, Wire system etc.
- Deliver presentations to management or board level committees as needed, reporting of progress, milestones, issues, and successes.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business Administration) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of (5) years’ work experience, which must be directly related to branch and operational processes and functions.
- Excellent level of problem solving capabilities to establish potential alternatives and solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication orally and in writing. Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Broad range of Deposit Operations experience.
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks concurrently, be able to redirect priorities based upon current workload (ability to react to current situations).
- Excellent knowledge of banking products, particularly those offered in business banking environment.
- Experience with Fiserv or other major core and reporting applications is desired.
Partners Bank of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Work with staff members and customers without regard to race, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status, age, religion, medical condition, handicap, disability or veteran.
Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act laws and regulations is considered an extremely serious matter, and it is intended that Partners Bank, through the purposeful efforts of its employees and officers, are expected to make every resolute attempt to conform to its Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Program and Procedures. Failure to comply will be reflected in their performance review as well as in any bonus compensation programs in which they may participate.
Attend and complete all required classroom, computer-based, web-based and seminar training. It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with Partners Bank’s “Code of Ethics and Conduct.” Each employee is also expected to maintain an awareness of the laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures that are appropriate for his/her position.
Note: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All job descriptions can be amended without notice as warranted by business necessity.