Mission Viejo, CA
*Not a remote position
The Underwriter participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a Commercial Banking team. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Prepares credit analysis and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before Credit Memorandum (“CM”) is submitted.
Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, third party reporting, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns. May function as the primary credit contact for clients and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- Minimum 3-7 years experience in underwriting medium to large sized and moderately-complex commercial credit required.
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Credit training is required.
- Requires extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of commercial credit principles, financial concepts and regular use of ingenuity and creativity in solving complex credit problems.
- Communicates skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently to restructure loans and/or lines of credit as required.
- Reviews loan request application and financial information and third party reporting (e.g., RE appraisal, Environmental reports, ABL Examinations, Inventory Appraisal, etc.); evaluates and determines credit structure and terms; fully underwrites CRE consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensures CM contains a well-supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Attends client meetings at Relationship Manager or Credit Manager’s request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contacts borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to Relationship Manager and Credit Administration and collaborates in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provides credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Has primary role in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitors and takes initiative to respond to past dues based in partnership with Relationship Manager.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Credit Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, Credit Administration, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank’s interests in the credit relationship. Reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements including but not limited to regulations: Reg. B / Reg. C /CRA / Reg. E / Reg. G / Reg. J / Reg. M / Reg. O / Reg. P / Reg. S / Reg. U / Reg. V / Reg. Z / Reg. AA /Reg.BB / Reg. X. Strong commitment to follow OFAC, BSA/Patriot Act compliance.
Tasks performance will include time spent sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, driving, and will involve the use of a Personal Computer (PC) programs and other modern office equipment.
Partners Bank of California Employment Benefits:
Partners Bank of California offers competitive compensation and incentive packages, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
If you have an interest in becoming a part of the Partners Bank of California team, please send us your resume and qualifications via email to: email@example.com.
All qualified applicants for employment at Partners Bank of California will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Partners Bank of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.